Manufactured Home Owner Satisfaction Survey
According to a new study conducted by Southeast Research, Inc., Montgomery, Alabama:
- Eight out of ten manufactured homeowners in Alabama are satisfied with their home.
- 84 percent of manufactured homeowners have a high degree of pride with the ownership of their homes.
The principal objective of this study was to conduct an image assessment of manufactured housing among owners of manufactured homes and to assess the level of customer satisfaction among manufactured homeowners in Alabama.
The study is based on 400 heads-of-households who have purchased a manufactured home in Alabama within the past three years. The study concluded the following:
- 99 percent of manufactured homeowners use the home as their primary residence.
- Seven out of ten manufactured homeowners in Alabama described their home as a good value for their investment.
- 97 percent of manufactured homeowners in Alabama described their home as being attractive.
- 92 percent of manufactured homeowners in Alabama described their home as a safe place to live.
- 94 percent of manufactured homeowners in Alabama described their home as suitable for their housing needs.
- 45 percent of recent purchasers of manufactured homes in Alabama indicted that when they purchased their current manufactured home they could have afforded a conventional site-built home, but chose a manufactured home.
Another conclusion drawn from this study was that two-thirds of homeowners contacted for this study owned a home prior to purchasing their manufactured home. Also one-third of the purchasers of manufactured homes in Alabama were paying rent prior to making their recent housing acquisition.
The overall conclusion drawn from this study is that customers purchasing manufactured homes are satisfied with the home they purchased. They also have a great deal of pride with respect to the purchase of their home.