Alabama Manufactured Industry Hall of Fame
Thirty persons have been inducted into the Alabama Manufactured Industry Hall of Fame since it was established in 2001. Three people are inducted each year. The AMHA membership and industry may nominate persons for consideration, and the nominee does not have to be an AMHA member. To nominate a person, the Hall of Fame Committee - comprised of all living honorees - must receive a biographical sketch or resume and a completed questionnaire.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- Made a significant contribution to the industry, owned, managed, or been a part of a successful business that contributed to the manufactured housing industry.
- Active in the manufactured housing industry in Alabama for at least 10 years.
The nominees will be reviewed for the following accomplishments:
- Contribution to the manufactured housing industry in Alabama.
- New developments or improvements to the industry.
- Contribution and participation in industry association work.
- Community service outside the industry.
The Hall of Fame Committee members receive all the nominations and supporting information. A judging sheet with points for each of the accomplishments listed above is completed by each judge, and the three nominees receiving the most votes are inducted annually. The Hall of Fame is located at the AMHA Building in Montgomery, Alabama.
The current members of the Hall of Fame are:
J. R. Bennett
C. W. Shiver
James "Jim" Tidmore